Saturday, October 9, 2010

#Readathon: Shel's Sixth Update




Since we're having a beautiful day here in C-bus, I decided to take this readathon outside.  It was nice and pleasant.  But then some amateurish football players decided to play catch right beside where I was reading.  This added a sense of danger to my reading since these guys were VERY amateurish and couldn't really catch the football.  (Although, they seemed to have fun jumping for the ball, making manly grunting noises and watching as the ball flew by several feet above their outstretched arms.)


When the tension of whether or not the football would hit my head at the next toss became too great, I headed for home.  One of the guys asked me if I wanted to play with them.


Ummm, no.


I've thrown a football once in my life.  It did not go in the direction I was aiming.  And the experience ended with me apologizing several times to a couple of people.  That is all I will say about that.


Then, one of the guys suggested I cheerlead for them.


Ummm, also no.  


I didn't say it, but I greatly prefer people who cheerlead for readers to the type who encourage amateurish football players who they've never met before.


So, thanks to all you cheerleaders out there.  It is with you in mind that I returned to the safety of the indoors.


Coffee:  4ish cups drunk!

Books Finished:  Monkey and Me by Emily Gravett (picturebook), The Cow Loves Cookies by Karma Wilson (picturebook), The Village Garage by G. Brian Karas (picturebook), The Trucker by Barbara Samuels (picturebook), Anything But Typical by Nora Raleigh Baskin, 80ish pages of The Twilight Prisoner by Katherine Marsh (To Be Continued Later!), David Macinnis Gill's Black Hole Sun (to be reviewed on Monday!), the first 50ish of Deborah Wiles's Countdown (I couldn't read very fast!  I kept having to look up for fear a football was about to hit me in my head!).

Book I’m Currently Reading:  I don't know yet...I might continue with Countdown or with The Twilight Prisoner.  I also foresee a humorous book of some sort in my future.

Snacks Consumed Since Last Update:  An apple.  But I think I'm a'hankering for some din-din soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had some fun :) Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1, 2, 3, 4
    Hope your book isn’t a bore
    5, 6, 7, 8
    And your readathon is going great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails