Saturday, October 9, 2010

#Readathon Half-Way Survey


1. What are you reading right now?

Countdown by Deborah Wiles

2. How many books have you read so far?

Erm, 7.5 ish (but a handful of those were picturebooks and in a couple of cases I'm taking 100-page leaps forward in some longer books.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

That late night time when you get kind of giddy.  And hosting my own mini-challenge.  Just a few more hours!

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Nope.  I was planning for this for awhile.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Nothing too bad.  I've allowed myself to get distracted once or twice as an excuse to be able to wander around the house, stretching my legs.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

How fast the day has gone.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

More of the same, please.  Or, better yet, can we do this every weekend?  It's so nice having cheerleaders encouraging me to do my reading.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

I'd make a point of having more short books and unread picturebooks in the house.  I'm down to one last picturebook, which I'm saving for late at night as a little pick-me-up.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

No, not tired.  My back is a little sore though.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

I'm keeping my coffee cup topped off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails