Saturday, April 10, 2010

#readathon Bookish Movies Mini-Challenge Answer

I would absolutely LOVE to see Diana Peterfreund's young adult fantasy novel Rampant turned into a movie.


My reasoning for this can be summarized with two words:  Killer.  Unicorns.

Awesome, right?

Or at least, it has the potential to be.  Depending on the special effects used...

Okay, I can't help myself.  Let me say more!

This was my favorite book of 2009.  It was well-written and powerful.  Rampant could pretty much be considered a Buffy the Vampire series for a new generation of girls. The teenage ladies kick many a mythical bum-bum, all while weighing the meaning of virginity, female empowerment and sexuality.

To play our tough, young protagonist, Astrid, I think I'll go with...


Saoirse Ronan (of The Lovely Bones and Atonement).  Mostly because her acting annoys me much less than the lack of acting skills of many other young actresses out there.

3 comments:

  1. I think that would be a perfect choice if the books are like Buffy for this generation. I will have to pick them up and maybe do a Buffy (stike that) Spike marathon tomorrow :)

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, Spike goodness.

    Alas, he is not in Rampant....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say Unicorns?! I have to check out this book now!

    I'm stopping by to say hi from the Read a Thon!

    Have fun! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails