Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shel: #Readathon Update Six (Complete with Survey Action!)


1. What are you reading right now?

Dusssie by Nancy Springer

2. How many books have you read so far?
Erm...5 ish and 1/2 of two other books-ish (don't be too impressed.  A few were picturebooks!)

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I want to make some progress in The Kayla Chronicles.  I also want to pick Will Grayson, Will Grayson back up.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not at all.  Spending the day reading is fairly normal.  I'm just more studious today.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

My main interruption has been the pesky tendency to get hungry.  I don't think there's much anyone can do about that but eat.  I suppose next time around I could plan to have a servant to spoon food into my mouth for me.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

That I've been able to resist taking a nap so far.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
It's great fun as it is!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Erm, to be honest, I'm surprised how well it's going this time.  The last readathon felt much more difficult.  This time I think it helped to include some quick reads.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
I'm pretty awake at the moment.  My back is getting tired of me sitting in chairs though.  That actually makes me a little nervous.  I fear reading lying down may lead to sleep, no matter how awake I feel.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Take dancing breaks.  And when you do so, dance like it's still 1987.

7 comments:

  1. Question #10 says it all! Nothing like some tunes to perk you up.
    Just popping in to cheer you on!
    Keep it up, though naps don't hurt unless you're going for the full 24hours. Either way, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting on my cool kids and friendship braclets to dance like it is 1987 :)

    You are doing great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been doing fantastic! Have a great second half.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very jealous that you get to read Will Grayson Will Grayson.

    I hope you're having a great read-a-thon adventure.

    HAPPY readings and GO Team Wordsworth!!! *shakes pom poms*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the encouragement! It really helps to make me feel connected to others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Readers rule
    Readers rock
    As the hour grows late
    I wouldn’t be reading any John Locke

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails