Saturday, April 10, 2010

Monica: Readathon Mini Challenge ("And the Nominees Are....")

Throwing Seeker to one side, I figured I'd leap in on a Mini Challenge.
This one comes courtesy of Til We Read Again, and I found it far more difficult than it should have been, due to the way I wanted to list really awesome, classy books, and found myself coming up with nothing but fluff.

I suppose we can see where my reading tastes lie, eh?

Listed below is a series of questions. Please put your nominees for the following categories. Please list the books in which the characters reside;)

Favorite Female Character in a book: Deerskin (née Lissar) from Robin McKinley's Deerskin

Favorite Male Character in a book: Oh, you *know* it's Richard from any one of Terry Goodkind's books.

Favorite Side Kick in a book: That would be Bess Marvin, from The Secret at Shadow Ranch, or any one of Carolyn Keene's Nancy Drew books. She's always described as being pretty, and easily-frightened... and slightly plump. I relate. ;)

Favorite Couple in a Book:
Aaron and Darvish from The Fire's Stone = omg twoo luv!!

Favorite Book Series: Redwall, by Brian Jacques. Even though I haven't kept up with the more recent books, the countless (and countless and countless) hours I spent reading the first six or seven definitely place the series as my number one. (What? I can't recite all the poems from them, or anything... no....)

Favorite Author:
I am a Mercedes Lackey girl through and through--anyone who can keep me busy reading over two decades rocks pretty solid.

Favorite Book Cover:
Planet X, Michael Jan Friedman. Guys, this cover is EPIC.

Favorite Book of 2009:
Stitches by David Small. I actually read this during the last Readathon, and it is still haunting me.

What about you guys?
What are your fave books?
Head on over to Til We Read Again and answer the questions for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails