Saturday, October 24, 2009

Readathon: Update 13 and Mini Challenge

9:30 PM Update (Monica): Still awake, friends?

Are you sure?

Quick, pinch yourself! You might have fallen asleep in front of the computer and now you're just dreaming that you're reading other people's blogs! This could be a nightmare! Bum bum bum....

Obviously, I'm losing my mind. But don't worry. It always comes back. Eventually.

Castaways is just as entertaining as I remembered. It's been close to a decade since I last read it, and I'd forgotten how absolutely menacing the first part of it was. I almost wish it could have kept going -- I do have a deep love of pirates that the rest of the story doesn't quite fulfill.

And best of all, although I don't remember all the details of the novel, I'm reasonably sure that the dog makes it. (Yes. I'm talking to you, Knife of Never Letting Go. I'm talking to you.)

In other news, we've got a Mini Challenge from Fizzy Thoughts!

What's a song that reminds me of the Readathon? Oh, that's easy. It's "Who Needs Sleep" by the Barenaked Ladies! Sing along, kids!

Who needs sleep?
Well you're never gonna get it.
Who needs sleep?
Tell me what's that for?
Who needs sleep?
Be happy with what you're getting --
There's a guy whose been awake since the Second World War!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails