Saturday, October 24, 2009

Readathon: Halfway Update!

Update (Monica): And without further ado, we've got the official Readathon Halfway Point Meme Thingy!

1. What are you reading right now?

Castaways of the Flying Dutchman

2. How many books have you read so far?

Three and a half. Three and three quarters? Almost four! And some webcomics!

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I've got a copy of The Virgin and the Dinosaur set aside, which I've never read before and which I'm pretty sure has the best title of any book ever written. I'm thinking it'll be my 1am book.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Oh yes. They consisted of, "Mom? Dad? I claim the living room. Please feed me from time to time."

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Not too many interruptions at all! I did have to shower, at one point, and at another point needed to break out into song. But mostly it's just been reading and blogging.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

I never realized how many fantastic blogs there were! I'm having so much fun reading everyone else's posts.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

I'd vote for large gifts of chocolate for every participant, but I do (vaguely) recognize the inherent difficulties with that idea....

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

I'd think about the books I was reading ahead of time. I've mostly just been working out of my library stack, but some of them aren't very conducive to reading straight through. I need more brainless, less thinky. ;)

9. Are you getting tired yet?

DEAR GOD YES! PLEASE LET ME SLEEP!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

Um... caffeine? Oh, and posting in tandem. Shel helps keep me awake and motivated. Yay her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails