Saturday, October 24, 2009

Readathon: Update 10

6:30 PM Update (Shel): Okay, I have limited my coffee intake and have eaten something. *Sigh* much calmer. *Glances around* But still no cat.

The reading I'm doing is all annoyingly academic. I'm going back and forth among a number of chapters on myth in the search of quotes for a big ol' fat an' nasty exam I'm taking. So, I type up the quotes and then write several sentences explaining how each quote relates to my argument. These sentences don't make sense to even me, the writer. I suppose that's where next week's editing process will come in. Then my goal can be to make myself make sense to myself and others. Does that make sense? Good plan? Good plan.

But I think I shall take a break from all this pesky homework soon enough and return to more fun readings for a time. I'm about halfway through Shiver. Do you think I have a lot of angst left to go? I imagine that yes, yes I do.

6:30 PM Update (Monica): Hey all! Still keeping on keeping on? We're coming up on hour ten(?) of the 24-Hour Readathon, and I don't know about you, but I... am dreaming of Taco Bell Ultimate Nachos. I've promised myself that if I make it until midnight, they'll be mine. Mmmm. Nachos.

Anyway! I've finished Little Brother and loved every minute of it, even the minutes when I was scared out of my mind and staring at my cell phone trying to determine if it featured an illegal government wiretap. Thanks, Mr. Doctorow. I really needed to be more paranoid.

Next up are *either* Those Who Walk In Darkness or Dragons of Babel. I haven't read either one, but I got them for a buck each when the bookstore near my house closed down, and one of them at least is crying out to be loved.

Let me know which one you think I should start on, friends! Until I get a suggestion... well, I suppose I'll just have to read Doctor Who fanfiction, won't I?

(Take your tiiiiime....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails