Saturday, April 9, 2011

Readathon: Monica's Second Update

Well friends, it's official -- I'm probably going to give up on the proofreading and dive right into trashy YA reading within the next hour. This, of course, goes against my entire plan for the day. But how am I supposed to concentrate on grammatical inconsistencies when there's a book about spaceships calling my name, siren-like, from the corner of the living room?!

It's a losing battle, for sure.

I don't know if any of you ever have the pleasure of proofreading, but it can be a wonderful experience... or a nightmarish one. I was worried originally that I would end up unable to read books "normally" ever again--that I would latch on to every tiny mistake and grumble about how the editors should have caught it. Luckily, I apparently can compartmentalize that particular section of my brain, and keep it from bothering me when I'm reading for fun. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails