Saturday, April 9, 2011

Readathon Mini-Challenge: Re-Create the Cover Winner!!!!!

Guys, this picking winners stuff is difficult.  I can see why Monica and I have always chosen people at random in the past.

This time though, Monica and I decided to choose by effort.  And that made this incredibly difficult.  So difficult, in fact, that Monica and I had to choose at random between the finalists.

So, without further ramblings, the winner is Sheila at Bookjourney with this recreation:





















Congrats to Sheila!  Pick your book-alicious prize  from the dewey website!!!!!

Monica and I would also like to make note of a couple of honorable mentions who were in serious competition for the top spot.

Anna of wordsandfood did an amazing job:





















Her time and effort really shows!!!!!!!  Monica and I were super-impressed!

We also wanted to recognize the work of LRAtRandom:


It took me longer than I would like to admit to realize one of the images wasn't actually a book cover.

Thank you to everyone who participated!  There were so many fun and amazing recreations!!!!!!

You all have futures as cover designers, as far as I'm concerned.

1 comment:

  1. YAY - woo hoo! I pulled that together on the way out the door to dinner and came home to this nice surprise :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails