Saturday, April 9, 2011

Read-a-thon: Mid-Point Questionnaire Response

1. What are you reading right now?

Shel:


Monica: The House Without Windows, by Barbara Newhall Follett

2. How many books have you read so far?

Shel: Pathetically, I haven't finished any. But I have made progress in two longer novels and worked on my dissertation.

Monica: Ditto! Oh my gosh, I'm ashamed of myself. But in my defense, I'm reading a super ancient Library of Congress copy, and I'm afraid to turn the pages too quickly.....

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Shel: Continuing to march my way through The Immortal Fire.

Monica: Gently turning the pages of House Without Windows, onward.....

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Shel:
Nope.

Monica: Not at all! Hooray for Saturdays!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Shel:
Do my indoor cats clawing to be let outside count? I tried to explain to them that they are my indoor babies, but they're rather obstinate. So, instead I have to get up every ten minutes to let one in or out from my balcony.

Monica: Some... the birds were screaming, occasionally I got hungry... and The Walking Dead keeps calling my name. Alas.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

Shel:
The lack of reading I've done. Instead I've been enjoying jumping from blog to blog. Bad reader!

Monica: I have really enjoyed the challenges this year! They all seem so inventive!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Shel:
I just love participating.

Monica: I vote ponies for every participant.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Shel:
Remember to check out picture books from the library so I will be able to feel *awesome* when I say I will have read 20 books.

Monica: Get sturdier books! And also maybe more snacks... I'm running low.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

Shel:
Not yet. My lower back is demanding I stretch more.

Monica: Getting there! I may need coffee!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

Shel:
Caffeine. But I doubt it's undiscovered.

Monica: Um. Good lighting? Not being near cats? Cats for sure lure you into taking naps....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails