Sunday, October 10, 2010

Literary Feast Invitation: Sisters Red

Hey kids!

I know, you've been desolate without our Literary Feasts, so Shel and I have wasted only a little time in getting our next one together. We're going to be reading Sisters Red by the lovely Jackson Pearce, who appears to love both tabby cats and celebrity gossip. But really, who doesn't?

Shel has been filling my brain already with all sorts of thinly veiled hints about this novel -- including one notable conversation which involved the phrases "ridiculously strong female leads" and "suggestions that victims of sexual assault invite it through their behavior" -- so I don't know if I should be excited or scared to be starting chapter one. Honestly, I'm just pumped about the cover. Do you see that, up there, readers? Take that sucker in -- That is a rockin' book cover.

The teaser quote from the dust jacket does have me fairly hooked: The wolf opened its long jaws, rows of teeth stretching for her. A thought locked itself in Scarlett's mind: I am the only one left to fight, so now I must kill you.

Dang guys. I am already more intrigued than I was during the entirety of I am Number Four, so let's get this thing going!

We'll be starting this Friday by reading the first... five chapters? Let's say five chapters -- up to page 93. Hit up your library or your local bookstore, and get ready for "a dark, taut fairy tale with heart-pounding action, fierce sisterly love, and a sizzling romance." Oooooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails