Saturday, April 10, 2010

Monica: Readathon Mini Challenge ("Romancing Your Friendship")

Right! This Mini Challenge comes to us from Star Shadow, and it... was super difficult.

I want you to pick out your favorite book or series where there is a boy/girl boy/boy girl/girl couple that fall in love

Post The Cover of the book and the description of the book on your blog, with the reason you think they should be the top friends to lovers couple


I obviously am way too fond of books where friends end up as lovers. I had to literally fight myself (very dramatic to watch) to keep from listing The Fire's Stone, which I finally decided didn't count since they didn't end up together until literally the last page. That seemed to be cutting it slightly too close.

Anyway, having knocked that one off the list, I've decided on Talia and Dirk, as part of the entire Heralds of Valdemar trilogy by Mercedes Lackey.

Their love, guys, is ridiculously epic. It's all:

Book one! They see each other for the first time, and it's fairly nondramatic, and then they become friends, but Dirk is sort of still in the background and Talia is mostly concerned with not getting killed.


Book two! They're separated by a great distance and Talia is all semi-hooked-up with Dirk's best friend, but they're pining for each other and -- gasp! -- are maybe lifebonded?


Book three! There's death and destruction and important people are killed, and Talia needs someone who loves her to pull her back from the brink! But who could it be? Certainly not Dirk, who has never admitted his feelings... until now!!!


Wow. I'm... I'm going to have to reread that entire trilogy immediately, having just reminded myself of how utterly awesome it is....

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that I've never read anything by Lackey!! Sounds like fun!!

    Cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! Nothing by her!? She's one of my favorites -- and since she's written approximately 385435873541387343584365843.3 books, you'll have a lot to pick from. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails