Saturday, April 10, 2010

Monica: Readathon Update 4


Aw. No lie, I really enjoyed Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. It was all drama-y and full of intrigue and also hot guys who can turn into cobras. (Tragically, the romance moves slower than molasses in January. There's some cute dancing, though!)

Plus, whoa. You have to approve of a book that takes on ridiculously weighty subjects like prejudice and racism, and which starts out with a twelve-year-old bleeding to death from a stomach wound, and which still manages to include fun, sassy characters.

I do feel, though, like one definitely needs to finish reading the series to get a full idea of the story -- a lot of craziness goes down in the last three pages or so, and it would have been nice to be able to flow right into the next book, as opposed to just BAM having everything end as is.

Hmm.

Okay! On to finishing Seeker, and then... we'll see what's next on my To Be Read pile!

Hope you guys are having as much fun with this as I am. =)

3 comments:

  1. Books are awesome
    Books are great
    Congratulations on reading so much
    You’re first rate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like books
    I really do.
    Books with stories
    And pictures, too. (Author unknown)

    Hope you're enjoying everyone you meet and everywhere you go in your reading today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing fantastic!

    Next time I will be a reader but I have to admit being a cheerleader has been a blast :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails