Tuesday, December 15, 2009

And So It Begins

Well it's official, friends -- I find myself sliding into Shel-like territory, suddenly rabid about the thought of seeing my work in print.
I recently had a few of my poems published in a little tiny chapbook put out by the Arts Council of my city, and wow.
Who knew that seeing one's own name all spelled out in shiny black letters could be so gratifying?!
I must have more!
Now that NaNoWriMo is safely out of the way for another year (I always hide under the couch cushions until it's gone, lest I irrationally decide that I have time to churn out fifty thousand words) I've decided that I'm going to try and pay a little more attention to my own creative writing. I'm not saying anything will come of it, but with Shel providing mad inspiration, and me being greedy enough to want that smug self-satisfaction that comes from being awesome and printed, I may actually stick with it long enough to produce some sort of body of work.
...
You know, once I've gotten through finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails