Saturday, October 24, 2009

Readathon: Update 8

4:30 PM Update (Monica): That's it.

It's official.

After I'm done with Little Brother, I'm going to read Redwall or something. Something light. Something involving furry animals who *don't* have their backs broken (Mancheeeeee!), and something that does not in any way involve an evil Homeland Security.

...

Am absolutely *loving* Little Brother, as an aside. I mean, it's an absolute mindwarp, but I can't get enough of Marcus! Plus, who hasn't always wanted to know tips for countering potentially illegal surveillance?!

I do find myself wondering how much sense any of it would make to an older, less-tech-inclined reader. I'm not saying that I'm wildly knowledgeable about the ins and outs of everything computer-related, but I can read xkcd without too much confusion, and I can keep my system running relatively smoothly. I wonder how the book would read, though, to someone who doesn't have a working knowledge of blogs and filters and public keys.

Are you all still rocking solid, friends? Keeping the reading going? Stay strong!


4:30 PM Update (Shel): No, I am not staying strong. A cute adorable cat is curled in a ball, asleep beside me.

...

She looks so happy.

...

Staring isn't making her stop.

...

Push.
Thump.
Mrrrrrrrrph.
An angry kitty is glaring at me, ya'll.
If I can't nap, nobody can!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm trying to be a good little student and do assigned reading. But, my brain keeps thinking about Shiver, and Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia. Those books are much more fun. And I know there'll be time for them later. Because I won't be able to sleep tonight. Not with all this coffee. And my new fear that my cat will seek revenge for me waking her up.

Back to the books! Charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails