Thursday, September 10, 2009

Drumroll, Monica!

Hello all!

I apologize for such a belated entrance, especially after the beautiful (and pink!) post Shel devoted to me on Tuesday. As she said, I'm a librarian in training and a lover of all things lit. And if said lit things happen to include unicorns, vampires, or urban elves... I'll love them a little bit more.

I'm ridiculously excited to be a part of Hungry Readers! Not only will it give me a solid excuse to read books that are tragically deemed to be "too young for someone [my] age," but I've been looking for a reason for years to team-blog, and couldn't pass up the chance when Shel suggested it.

Because of my schedule (oh, full-time employment and SLIS homework, how I love/hate thee) I regret that I won't be able to dominate the book reviews the way my partner in crime does -- and isn't she insanely good about updating? If only we could all be so fantastic.... Anyway, I'm going to aim for one or two books a week, to start off with. I will be focusing mainly on young adult fiction, although if a Diary of a Wombat-esque picture book drops into my lap, I'm not going to pass up the chance to rave about it.

Please let me know if there's anything you recommend I read, or if you'd like me to review any particular novel! I'm always open to suggestions... and eager for an excuse to increase the number of books piled all over my house.

There's a lot more I could babble on about, but you'll get plenty of that in my reviews, I promise. I look forward to getting to know all of you regulars -- and to meeting the hordes of new people that my arrival will inevitably precursor.

And now if you'll excuse me, I've got a dragon-laden novel to finish....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails