Sunday, March 1, 2009

Certified Resolution Writing Endeavor Review Report: Week Nine

Check.  Made it.

I must admit I did not get as much writing done as I had hoped to complete this weekend.  But I suppose having all three of my final papers and two novels magically done, printed and waiting for me on my front step with the morning paper was a bit much to hope for.

I do have some kinda-sorta-maybe good news to report.  This weekend, I got an email stating two poems that I had submitted to a magazine have been moved along to "further consideration" by the editors.  I submitted the poems in October.  I share this with you as a cautionary reminder that a response time of months and months is not unusual.  I also share this because all wanna be (gonna be!) writers/artists also share in the eventuality that personalized rejections, or "we're not rejecting you quite yet" deferrals are considered a wonderful achievement. So, kinda-yay!

Okay, I'm off to slack and maybe, just maybe, I'm going to try to write another paragraph or two of one of my three painful papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails