Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Note on Submitting Manuscripts

I was somewhat good (but not completely good--never completely good) and sent out a submission to a publisher this week.  I chose the publisher because I had actually read several of their books and loved them all.  The books actually had similar themes to my own story.

Why did I do this?  Because I'd run out of applicable publishers in the long lists given in Writer's Market.  You know, those long lists of publishers and agents that include descriptions of the genre and market they publish for.  Those long lists of publishers and agents that I would have to pretend to be familiar with and enthusiastic about in my cover letters.

Well for once I am enthusiastic about a publisher.  I look forward to receiving my rejection.

2 comments:

  1. With all time and energy you spend on submitting manuscripts, why not consider publishing it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I feel like seeking out a publisher is a key part of the journey.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails